Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Who cares for the consumer anymore?





As important as we make it to satisfy the customer you would think someone actually cares about them. I just had an experience that made me want to share my idea on this topic. I was just using my laptop when the charger all of a sudden stopped working. There was no signs or fraying or damage anywhere and everything plugged in fine. As a self-proclaimed Technology expert I troubleshooted a little with help from google of course and found out what may be the issue. My first conclusion was a dead battery or something along the lines of that. But I was astonished to find that another Toshiba charger I used worked just fine. I called up Toshiba a couple of days later and they proceeded to tell me that my warranty on the product ended EXACTLY one month ago... How convenient for them to intentionally sabotage the longevity of their products just to make a profit. Now that is my speculation but mind you this isn't the first to Toshiba laptop charger that had died shortly after the warranty with seemingly no issues. And it's not just Toshiba. If you look around the internet you will find all of these products with unnecessary defects that can be solved through simple product testiing more extensively. All I ask is that instead of rehashing the same tech with slightly improved features that were intentionally held back and selling at an unnecessary premium (looking at you here apple.) They culd make a stellar device very couple of decades and actually satisfy the consumer. But it seems no one cares about the consumer and in our capitalist society everyone wants the latest and greatest thus perpetuating this cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment